Friday, December 5, 2014

A Colorful Impressionism Horse Painting By Artist Jennifer Morrison Godshalk




A Contemporary Colorful Horse Painting
 True Companions

48 x 48 Inches
Oil On Canvas

A Colorful, Contemporary Palette Knife Horse Painting

This painting is colorful and contemporary in nature.  Layers upon layers of oil paint has been applied with a palette knife to create this sculpted, detailed effect in this colorful painting.  This painting takes time to complete, as the layers of paint have to dry before applying the next layer.
I am really loving this technique, and I find it somewhat addictive.  I stumbled upon this effect when I painted the elk painting titled "A Call In The Night".    The elk painting was my first painting in which I did not complete a painting a day.  I decided that I was going to take my time to produce my work, not pressured to produce mass quantity, but rather take my time and produce rich quality.

True Companions close up2

As you can see from the photo above, there are multiple colors which blend through this painting making up the colorful composition which enrich these horses.  Details of rich depth, midtones, and light complete the muscular/skeletal structure.

True Companions close up

I try not to get the colors too rainbow like, adding subtle lighting and dark colors break up and tone down the bright colors.   I am really happy with the outcome of this painting, and look forward to painting more!

If you are interested in visiting my website, you can do so by clicking HERE

Thank you for visiting and ENJOY!

Jennifer Morrison Godshalk
©Morrison Studios
A Colorado Contemporary Fine Artist



#jennifermorrisongodshalk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.