Friday, February 11, 2011

Horse painting. Affordable and expessive equine paintings by Robert Joyner.

Affordable horse painting

Visit Robert's Website: www.robertjoynerartist.com

Horse painting details

This expressive and affordable horse painting measures 11" x 15" and is painted on archival paper.

Medium and Technique used for this painting

Acrylic was the medium of choice. I started with a reject painting- imagine that. It was the end of a session so I used whatever paint was on the palette and mixed it with pure white. Once the shadow areas were in place I added the dark background which helped establish the shape of the horse. To finish, I used pure white acrylic paint for the 'light' areas. Still not satisfied with the texture and overall look, I decided to grab the palette knife and scratch-back into the thick paint. This added some much needed linear interest and helped tie the painting together.

Here are some close-up images so you can appreciate the brushwork. I've included a framed image for display purposes only.





How to purchase this equine painting.

This piece sold to a collector in Australia. You can discover similar paintings at my Etsy shop. As always, I aim to make fine art affordable.

Parting thoughts.
Vote in this week's poll. Just a few days left!
That's all folks. I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.