Friday, September 3, 2010

At The Derby. See video demonstration!


Horse racing painting for sale. See blog for video demonstration!, painting by Robert Joyner

This piece has a painted on date of 09-01-2010. The video demonstration will show that I used acrylic paint on paper with the assistance of a reject painting. It's a change of pace from all the mixed media paintings I've been doing lately. My favorite part about this painting is how the horse seems to fall apart in the lower right-hand corner and how this is countered by the tighter strokes of the upper left-hand side. I discovered this as I was painting and decided to exploit the two areas and hope for the best. Sometimes these spontaneous decisions payoff while others result in one more reject. I rarely plan a painting so that I leave plenty of room for creativity. By doing this each painting is unique and becomes a learning experience. This painting really opened my eyes to some interesting new tricks. For me it's using the right trick at the right time.

It's time to sit back and relax while I paint this piece from start to finish. If you can't see the video demonstration in your browser click here. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

If you are interested in purchasing this painting use the Pay Pal button at the bottom of this post. International shipping is available upon request.




How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $375 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool!!! An upside down football rejection painting turned into a racehorse!! AWESOMENESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the the video and I appreciate the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.