Saturday, August 21, 2010

Original mixed media expressive equine painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media horse painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'Limey'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)
Price: $325 USD
Contact me for availability


This is a studio painting that was painted on 08-19-2010. I started the painting several weeks ago and like many paintings I discarded it because I didn't know how to finish it. As I was thumbing through the rejects this piece caught my eye so I decided to pop it up on the easel. The green really caught my eye and I remembered that's why it ended up tossing it aside the first time. But with a new day brings a different attitude and what I didn't like before seemed very appealing now. 
 
Close-up
Close-up
 I added some off-whites to the background, some darks to the mane and this painting started to come alive. I really like the zigzag crayon stokes in the face and neck and of coarse the green which you can see in the close-ups above. . As with yesterday's post I'm also incorporating some thick acrylic paint into my studio works. The texture really adds to the finish so long as I don't overdo it. 

That's all for this one. Hope you enjoy the new work and thanks for stopping by. Have a fantastic Saturday and I'll see you back here tomorrow. Be sure to visit my new web site at www.robertjoynerartist.com and use the subscribe feature. This blog will be up for a few more weeks so be sure to change over to the new one. There are some wonderful features that subscribers receive in addition to having the new blog post delivered in their mailbox everyday.
How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $325 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.