Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ivory II, Horse painting and video demonstration

Original expressive horse painting on archival paper by Robert Joyner. Visit blog to see video demonstration!, painting by Robert Joyner
'Ivory II'
Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 15 in X 22 in (38.1 cm X 55.9 cm)
Price: $325 USD
Contact me for availability


Before I get into this painting I just wanted to introduce my new web site. Be sure to use thins link www.robertjoynerartist.com to visit and subscribe to my new web site. By subscribing you will receive blog posts, newsletters and other benefits via email that will make staying in touch much easier. If you are one of the many subscribers to join, I appreciate the interest and look for the newsletters that will start in October. If not, go sign up now. Glad that's out of the way.
Ivory II was painted in my studio on 08-27-2010. I used a combination of acrylic paint and acrylic ink on archival paper with the assistance of a palette knife. The video demonstrates how using thick paint adds texture and gives me the option to scratch back into the paint thus creating some linear interest. I've really enjoyed making these demos and it's interesting how it makes me focus on the painting without getting distracted. My studio is in my home so it's easy to get caught up in domestic duties, or paint for a few minutes and go check my email, renew something in my Etsy shop, or adjust the radio. The videos really keep me dialed in to the painting and not get to fussy about the details. The decision making process is much easier and the painting flows much better. Look for plenty more of these in the future!

If you are interested in purchasing this piece feel free to use the Pay Pal button located on the bottom of this post, or you can contact me. 

Hope you enjoy the new piece and video. Let me know what you think and don't forget to share it with your friends.




How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $325 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.