Friday, August 27, 2010

Earthy

Original mixed media horse painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'Earthy'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)
SOLD


Before I get into this painting I just wanted to remind the new and return viewers to subscribe to my new web site. This blog will be active  until the end of the month. By subscribing you will receive blog posts, newsletters and other benefits via email that will make staying in touch much easier. The new site incorporates the new blog page as well as some user-friendly features that make your viewing experience more enjoyable. If you are one of the many subscribers to join, I appreciate the interest and look for the newsletters that will start in October. Glad that's out of the way.
 
This was painted on 08-27-2010 in comfort of my studio. I've been painting plenty of Maine landscapes and cows so I decided to get back to some horse paintings. I used acrylic paint, crayon and ink on paper for this piece. The ink really made the difference! You can see the brown umber ink to the rear of the of the horse and in the shadows of the neck. Once the painting dried it seemed flat in these area and the acrylic ink is a great way to add some depth to the color without going overboard. I also like how the ink adds some transparency and this can be seen in the neck area where it layers over the white paint and breaks up the color. 

This painting can be purchased via Pay Pal using the link below, or you can contact me if you are interested.

Hope you enjoy the new piece and thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think and don't forget to share this with your friends. See you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.