Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Original abstract large horse painting on paper by Robert Joyner

Original large horse painting on paper by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
The final result.


Close-Up of the mane


Close-up of the left eye


'Wind Blown'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 30 in X 22 in (76.2 cm X 55.9 cm)
Price: $875 USD
Contact me for availability

This piece is painted with a combination of watercolors, acrylic inks and paint. I've limited the palette to four watercolors, three acrylic paints and two inks. My focus was the composition and trying to balance both sides with some abstract and bold brushwork. Although the horse face is dominant on the right side the abstract brushwork has a way of balancing the composition. I love the results and hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I used a palette knife to scratch back into the thick paint which flows well with the horse's mane. The close-up images show this better. It's on a larger scale than I normally paint which really allowed me to work the loose strokes. I don't often paint this large because it can be difficult to store lager works, but occasionally it exciting to give it a shot.

Hope you like the new piece and thanks for stopping by. I'll see you back here tomorrow.



Use this link to purchase prints:
http://www.fineartamerica.com/featured/wind-blown-robert-joyner.html
 
How to Purchase Original:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $875 USD plus $30 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.