Thursday, July 15, 2010

Original abstract horse painting on paper by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media horse painting on paper by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
The Final Result


Close-Up


Close-Up


'Knight'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 15 in X 22 in (38.1 cm X 55.9 cm)
Price: $375 USD
Contact me for availability

My focus was to abstract this horse as much as possible. The challenge for me is not to go too far but far enough not to end up with a stiff painting. I used a combination of Liquitex acrylic inks, artist grade crayon and heavy body acrylic paint to acheive a variety of texture. Another go-to-tool I can't do without is my is my liner brush which gives me the opportunity to create long, linear strokes, splatter, and the short dashes that are often in my paintings. These strokes are usually added towards the end of the painting and act as the stitching that holds the subject together.

Once I finished this painting I took a few steps back from the easel and noticed this horse reminded me of a knight that you would see on the chess table. So I had no choice but to make that the title and call it a day. Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic Thursday. I'll see you back here tomorrow.


How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $375 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

Purchase A High Quality Print on Paper, or Canvas
http://www.fineartamerica.com/featured/knight-robert-joyner.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.