Saturday, June 5, 2010

Original mixed media expressive horse painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media horse painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'Portrait of a Horse'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 15 in X 22 in (38.1 cm X 55.9 cm)
Price: $200 USD
Contact me for availability

This is another one of those paintings that just didn't appeal to me while it was on the easel. I remember looking at it and thinking it had some interesting elements but didn't have that 'wow' factor in my opinion. I was struggling with how to finish this painting but before I discarded it to the reject pile I decided to take a touch of lemon yellow and white and add a few lines here and there. This can be an act of desperation sometimes so I was careful not to go overboard. Once I added the lines I found the painting to be interesting in that unusual sort of way and more importantly, I liked it.

Just a few more notes about this painting. I did something different with my technique by adding some oil pastels to start the painting. This acted as a resist to the acrylic inks and watercolors and added a layer of transparency to the finish. These paintings are exciting to me because it opens the door for exploration and for me that's inspiring and keeps the process of making art interesting. I've never wanted to be an artist that settled in to one style or technique. I find that boring and feel the process of making art is more important than the art itself. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Saturday. I appreciate all of the followers and would like to welcome the newbie's. Glad you found the site and let me know if you have any questions, or comments.

How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $20 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.