Friday, June 4, 2010

Original mixed media expressive horse racing painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media abstract horse racing painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'The Jockey II'
Mixed media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)
Price: $200 USD
Contact me for availability

I decided to focus more on the rider with this painting. All of the different positions are really interesting and I can start to focus more on some of the details in the silks. With the next few paintings I'm going to add some of the different patterns and colors I notice in the silks as well as capturing light on the jockeys face. I think this will add some depth to the painting without going overboard. Also, I'm loving all the drip marks on this one too and how the watered down transparent paints are applied over these in a way that the drips are still noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.