Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Original horse racing painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media abstract horse racing painting on archival paper, painting by Robert Joyner
'Crack That Whip No.2'
Media: Mixed Media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)
Price: $275 USD
Contact me for availability

I decided to go back to the horse racing series yesterday. Instead of starting the session with my typical acrylic I reached for three watercolors, four acrylic inks and white acrylic paint. I thought changing the palette and medium may spice up the session. I started by applying some thin layers of watercolor and a splash watered down white acrylic paint. Once that was dry I added some inks and more watercolor and mixed in some white acrylic painting in the background. To tie the background in I also added some white stripes and harness to the jockey. Once that was dry I added the darks and lightest lights which completed the painting to my taste.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $275 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.