Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Original mixed media large horse painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media abstract horse painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'Dream Horse II'
Media: Mixed media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 30 in X 22 in (76.2 cm X 55.9 cm)
Price: $675 USD
Contact me for availability

This is a studio painting I did yesterday. I'm exploring with the transparency of colors and mixing in some acrylic ink too. With this one I thinned out some transparent red oxide, ultramarine blue, phatlo green and red violet to achieve some of the subtle colors in this painting. It contrasts nicely with the thicker opaque colors and adds some depth to the finish. I particularly like the drips of transparent colors and also the lighter opaque drips that layer on top of the darker tones creating soft edges.

Hope you like it as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday. I'll be back here tomorrow. 
How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $675 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.