Saturday, May 22, 2010

Original mixed media abstract horse racing painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media abstract horse racing painting by Robert Joyner, painting by Robert Joyner
'The Jockey'
Mixed media on Canvas
Size: 30 in X 24 in (76.2 cm X 61 cm)
SOLD
Thanks Richard (UK)

This is a studio painting that is inspired from the Kentucky Derby. Since I've been painting horses I decided to watch the Kentucky Derby several weeks ago. I was immediately attracted to all the colorful uniforms and decided I would give it a go. I used some red with this one which is a color I rarely reach for on my palette. However with this theme it seemed like it would be easy to incorporate without making a huge statement. Red has always been a color that jumped off the page so maybe I'll continue to explore this theme and red until it becomes more comfortable to use. I really enjoyed exploring the new subject so look for more similar themes down the road.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday. I'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.