Monday, May 10, 2010

Original mixed media abstract horse painting by Robert Joyner

Original mixed media abstract horse painting on archival paper, painting by Robert Joyner
'Abstract Horse Portrait'
Media: Mixed media on 140 lb. Archival Paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)
Price: $225 USD

Sorry for not posting yesterday but Mother's Day took me out of town I did't have a good internet connection. However, I'm back today with another horse painting. This abstract piece was painted last week in the comfort of my studio. Since the baby was born and probably several weeks before I haven't had the opportunity to plein air paint, so many of my recent works have been studio paintings. I've noticed that my work has become more abstract since spending time in the studio. I think the plein air work has a much different feel to them and I'm wondering if it will be difficult to paint outdoors again once I return? I'm also curious if it will become more abstract than previous works? I'm hoping to get a few outdoor sessions later this week so I guess I'll have to wait, but for now I'll share this abstract horse painting with you. It's a combination of oil pastel and heavy body acrylics. I first applied some oil pastel on a reject watercolor keeping in mind that it was going to be an abstract horse portrait. After a few scribbles of pastels I followed up with some acrylic paint working light to dark.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. Have a great Monday and I'll see you back here tomorrow.
How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $225 USD plus $25 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.